I have enjoyed working as an editor for over ten years, since I graduated from RMIT's Professional Writing and Editing program in 2004. I have an extensive CV of freelance and in-house editing positions, academic journals, not-for-profit-sector reports, non-fiction books, commercial tenders and arts publications. This experience includes:
Independent media and in-house editing:
- freelance proofreader for Fremantle Press and UWA Publishing
- four years as production editor of Arena Magazine
- in-house and contract copyediting for JoT Editing, Writing and Multimedia
- copyeditor for several academic journals, including the Journal of Bioethical Inquiry, Arena Journal and RMIT's Local–Global
- PhD thesis editing, including for students whose first language is not English
- copyeditor for individual articles, books, reports, and research guidelines for academics from several universities in Australia and the USA, including the Vice Provost (Graduate Education) at Monash University, Australia
Not-for-profit and arts:
- copyeditor of reports, programs and annual reports for Independence Australia, the Ligingi Foundation, The Lowitja Institute, The Torch Project, The International Festival of Literature, Ideas and Translation, the Festival for Healthy Living, and more.
For a more detailed overview of my work experience please download the CV below.